The KONE DAO
A DAO, or Decentralized Autonomous Organization, is an organization represented by rules encoded as a computer program that is transparent, controlled by the organization members, and not influenced by a central government.
The KONE DAO is the governing body of the Karrier One Chain, acting as a critical component of the system's infrastructure. Comparable to a central nervous system, it connects various types of nodes, manages communications, and initiates protocol-level upgrades to improve the network consistently.
The KONE DAO really is the "brain" of our architecture, as seen below:
- Protocol Upgrades: through a liquid democracy model, KONE ticket holders can cast votes on proposals for the ongoing development of the Karrier One Chain. Approved proposals are implemented either autonomously or via the central conduit.
- Communication Management: facilitates communications between all nodes and subsystems, acting as an intermediary and translator for the PNS module, telecom module, and blockchain.
- Node Management: responsible for voting in and assigning Foundational Nodes, Gatekeeper Nodes, and Operator Nodes to the network.
- Quality Management: manages and records Quality of Service (QoS) and other key metrics on the blockchain.
- System Simplification: simplifies the business logic for the rest of the system.
- Enforcement of Rules: enforces rules and contracts set by the telecom module in the blockchain.
The voting power of Tickets and their claim to voting rewards is proportional to the number of spent KONE. Tickets can either vote manually or automatically by following other Tickets.
Ticket holders are incentivized to vote for the approval or rejection of proposals or to set up ticket followings to vote automatically in a manner to increase the long-term value of the Karrier One Chain.
The KONE DAO ensures that no single company, small group of developers, or node operators have influence or control over the network. This assures a truly decentralized governance structure that is integral to maintaining the democratic and secure nature of the network.
The KONE DAO plays a central role in the Karrier One Chain, ensuring effective communication, maintaining quality of service, enforcing rules, and facilitating democratic decision-making.